We have a deep history of creating sustainable architecture in New England.
TMS Architects has been practicing sustainable design for twenty-eight years, long before it was fashionable. Sustainable architecture is simply good design that incorporates all aspects of sound environmental practices. Our extensive experience working with sustainable allows us to guide you through the process of incorporating green design and building practices into your renovation, addition or new construction. We are committed to conserving resources, preserving natural habitats and utilizing building practices that have an immediate positive result on a building’s performance and the surrounding environment.
LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified architects on staff provide our clients with the tools necessary to have an immediate and measurable impact on a home or building’s performance. If LEED certification is the goal, we will work to direct all phases of certification.
TMS Architects will:
- Work with you to reduce your utility consumption and dependence on fossil fuels.
- Guide you in the selection of sustainable building materials such as energy efficient windows, doors and insulation.
- Improve indoor air quality through careful selection of low VOC paint, adhesives and carpeting.
- Initiate systems to reduce waste and encourage recycling.
- Help you choose appliances and plumbing fixtures to reduce water consumption.
- Select indigenous plants for landscape design.